EDWARD M. CASTRO, CLS-F
Ed Castro has devoted his entire legal career to the practice of family law in San Diego County. Upon admission to the State Bar of California in 1993, Mr. Castro focused his practice in domestic violence litigation and worked with the San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program supervising the East County Courthouse clinic. During that time, Mr. Castro substantially increased the capacity of the clinic to assist litigants through the family court system. In association with SDVLP, Mr. Castro supervised and coordinated the courthouse-based Family Law Access Project, a high volume family law and mediation clinic providing legal advice and assistance to unrepresented litigants. Under Mr. Castro’s supervision of FLAP, the program’s capacity to assist unrepresented litigants significantly increased.
Mr. Castro subsequently joined the YWCA Legal Advocacy Program, representing clients in divorce and paternity actions, high conflict child custody disputes, child and spousal support applications, division of complex property issues, highly contested domestic violence orders and appellate review of family court decisions.
Mr. Castro obtained his Juris Doctor from University of San Diego School of Law in 1993 and a Bachelor of Arts from Yale University in 1982. He became a Certified Specialist in Family Law as recognized by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization in 2005. Mr. Castro joined Law Offices of Beatrice L. Snider, APC in 2010 and became a partner in Beatrice L. Snider Family Law Group, LLP in 2014.
Mr. Castro is a member of State Bar of California, Family Law section of the State Bar of California, San Diego County Bar Association, San Diego Family Law Bar Association, American Bar Association and Foothills Bar Association.
Professional Affiliations and Memberships:
- State Bar of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- San Diego Family Law Bar Association
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
Professional Awards and Honors:
- Recognized in 2015 as one of San Diego’s Top Attorneys by San Diego Daily Transcript
- Awarded the State Bar of California Wiley W. Manuel Award (1995, 1996 and 1997) for legal work with victims of domestic violence
- Recognized as Pro Bono Attorney of the Year, 1996
Community Affiliations and Activities:
- Serves as Temporary Judge and Judge Pro Tem, San Diego Superior Court, Family Law and Small Claims divisions, 2000 to present
- Served as Senior Staff Attorney and Family Law Litigator, San Diego YWCA Legal Advocacy Program for the prevention of domestic violence, 2001 to 2006
- Served as Supervising Attorney, Family Law Access Project, Family Courthouse, San Diego Superior Court, 1997 to 2001
- Member, Board of Directors of San Diego Domestic Violence Council, 1998 to 2001
- Regular contributor to the San Diego Women’s Resource Fair