BEATRICE LARSSON SNIDER, CLS-F
BEATRICE LARSSON SNIDER came to the United States from Sweden at the age of 10. Halfway through her undergraduate degree in pre-medical studies, an influential philosophy professor encouraged her to study law which set her on a path and pursuit of justice. After completing her undergraduate program in two and a half years, she received a scholarship to California Western School of Law. She was one of eight women in a class of 423 when she graduated in 1973 with a Juris Doctorate.
In 1974, she opened a small office practicing personal injury, criminal defense, civil and family law. During this period, Ms. Snider was one of the first attorneys to file a separate lawsuit against a spouse for assault and battery. The settlement was small but a precedent was set.
In the 1970’s, the Clerks and Librarians filed a lawsuit against the City of San Diego alleging discriminatory pay practices. At that time Ms. Snider, chapter counsel for National Organization of Women (NOW), was on the panel of attorneys offering their services to the librarians and clerks who were paid less than their male counterparts who had equal or less education and experience. A settlement was reached in one of the first cases to recognize and implement the concept of equal pay for equal work under the Civil Rights Act.
By the mid 70’s, the Family Law Act of 1970 had created a seismic shift in family law creating the need for highly skilled lawyers. This fact, coupled with Ms. Snider’s desire to help clients in need, solidified her decision to specialize in Family Law.
In 1980, Ms. Snider became a Certified Specialist in Family Law, as recognized by the State Bar of California. Ms. Snider was one of twelve in the first class of attorneys to be certified as Family Law Specialists in the State of California. Ms. Snider serves as a Judge Pro Tem for the San Diego Superior Court Family Law Division. She has written various articles and frequently conducts speaking engagements on Family Law and Business Valuations in Divorce. She is a Certified Mediator and trained in the Collaborative Divorce™ process. As part on her involvement in the San Diego Certified Family Law Specialists, Ms. Snider chaired the subcommittee that promulgated the San Diego Local Rules for business valuations in dissolution actions.
While Ms. Snider has built one of the largest Family Law firms in California, she credits the firm’s success to her clients and the experienced, dynamic, caring team of lawyers, paralegals and administrative staff who share her vision of bringing order to the chaos of a family going through crisis.
Professional Affiliations and Memberships:
- State Bar of California (Family Law section)
- San Diego County Bar Association (Family Law section)
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- San Diego Family Law Bar Association
Professional Awards and Honors
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Rating since 1999
- Selected as one of San Diego’s Super Lawyers® in Family Law ( 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Recognized in 2006 as one of San Diego’s Top Attorneys by San Diego Daily Transcript
- Recognized by California Lawyer Magazine as a Top 10 Divorce Attorney
Community Affiliations and Activities:
- Judge Pro Tem San Diego Superior Court, Family Law Division
- The Rutter Group Advanced Family Law Course 2011 – presenter on business valuations
- Swedish American Chamber of Commerce – speaker
- San Diego Association of Realtors – speaker
Ms. Snider is fluent in Swedish.